Friday, October 08, 2004

The Perfect Man

Someone once asked me what my views of a perfect man where. I of course spouted off things that where totally unrealistic in men and vented away. I found myself thinking more about what a man should posses and what sorts of qualities he should have. I soon gathered a list - so here goes.
Becca’s Perfect Dream Man
He must respect himself. A man is almost in capable of love if he doesn't appreciate who he is first. He must have goals and aspirations and have a sense of self-gratification in life. He must have a open mind. He needs to be supportive and try to see the meaning in my crazy ideas sometimes. He is of high maintenance -but internally. He has to compliment me. Be sensitive and aware of his surroundings. He has to be quick to listen and slow to speak. He has to attempt to be understanding even if at first he sees no logic in my actions or words. He will trust me and know that if I say I love him will actually know that is what I truly mean. He will see the not so obvious in me and respect those attributes. Most importantly, he will take into consideration it's just not me and that I come as a package deal. He will embrace both of us and realize that my daughter is not a mistake but a gift and he will respect that. He will be faithful not only to me but to his morals and beliefs. He will stand for what is right and try to correct what is wrong. He will not lose hope if things are not always perfect because life is never perfect. He will see the ignorance in me and try to correct it. He will show affection but give me space when it is needed. He will console me when I cry and even though the reason may be totally ridiculous he will ignore the matter and just hold me.

For the goofy stuff,
Willing to try the outrageous, and the unthinkable. That means if I feel like attaching a 454 to the back of a shopping cart then he's willing to jump on in with me just for thrills. He has to be able to sit through those sappy movies with me because I am willing to sit through his. He has to be able to bare the thought that I do belt out songs by artists like Nsync and OTOWN... guilty I do plead. He has to be able to share his food with me and understand that sometimes I am possessive of mine (what woman isn't?). He has to be patient enough to go through the mall with me and not rush when I'm making that most ridiculous decision of weather my ass looks bigger in black or blue. He will be patient when I am getting ready even though my hair looked the same as it did 30 minutes ago. He will learn how to iron his shirt and fold correctly. He will know what hangers are used for and realize that some clothes do get hung up (I am a closet freak - who doesn't have their quirks?). He will realize that I am totally unrealistic at times and point that out...(waiting for her comments). A qualified or equivalent Swedish masseuse would be fantastic! He will understand that at points I am a total girl but at other times a total tomboy. He will laugh at my jokes even though they are usually pathetic. He should be open to learning how to dance. He will teach me how to do crazy "man" stuff. He will realize that when he is beginning to see two of me that he has had too much to drink. He will dance with me at the bar and perhaps when we are alone. He will shave. He will pick out a tree and carve out names in it. He will do all that cheesy stuff a man is supposed to do like take me to the drive in and try to sneak a kiss when he thinks no one is looking. He will be a great kisser. He is willing to learn how to kiss great. He will not change his thinking patterns and the way he is just because I am a total quack. He will realize that Diet Pepsi is in fact a food group. He will not lie to me when my ass does in fact look huge on a particular occasion. He will realize that I am indeed usually late for social gatherings and just come to the conclusion that being fashionably late is better anyhow. He will realize that this whole writing is coming completely from a unrealistic side of me and that this is just indeedly for fun. He will know that I do realize I am being completely irrational and that I know this man does not exist.
A woman can dream can't she?

2 comments:

Jeffery said...

It's me!!

Lets have sex. 10 times. In 24 hours.

Then do it over again.

F8 said...

MEN!...