Friday, October 01, 2004

The Big One is Around the Corner

It is Emma's first birthday on the 11th of October and I am totally stumped as to what I am actually going to do for it. I am in somewhat of denial because I think back and there can be no way that it has actually been a year. It seems like almost a minute ago that she was amost 6lbs and relied on me for everything. Now, I think in a way it's the other way around. Sometimes she is the only thing that gets me through the day. I could have the worst possible happenings and I will come home and see her torturing the cat or hauling down all my tea towls off the stove and it just makes me laugh and warm up inside. I just can't believe she's almost one now. I think the denial part also has to deal with the fact that I am getting older and that's just not supposed to happen. Well, I guess I will have to take this in strides.

No comments: