Friday, June 19, 2015

Clarity

Honesty is best. Well- at least for me I find it is


I should probably disclose that I have a past.........

****screaching tires********


Everyone does!!!!!!


 The thing is: I'm human. I'm in no way, shape or form near perfect. Damaged even. Yes. I use damaged because WE ALL ARE. At some point we treck through life on the wrong trail at times. We trip over branches and have to crawl our way out. We get stuck in a ditch and sometimes we have to make a call for help. We get cuts and bruises along the way and call it life experience. Sometimes- we are on a road and notice a bend that leads to some place where we don't want to go so we stop and simply drive over the meridian to the other side.

This is how we learn, this is how we develop and this is how we (if we are smart) grasp onto character and realize laughing about the silly things you've  done is the best way to deal.

I've learned a long long time ago to never judge people for their roads traveled because for one you don't know their story and the second part is you may never know what led them down that path in the first place (ever had a GPS lead you into on coming traffic or into a wrong parking lot?).

Yesterday- I did that. I placed judgment. The weird part- It was I who judged myself...Harshly. I was wrong to allow this to even occur. I felt beaten down by this moment of truth I had with someone and I allowed myself to feel guilty for something that I shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt about. It clinged on all night and well into the morning until I finally experienced the 'uh huh!' moment kicking me in the ass...


No comments: