Saturday, June 20, 2015

Capital of Happiness




Hello People of the Internet (Family, Friends and Acquaintances)!!!! 
You may have noticed an invite recently to join a movement called "Capital of Happiness". Please take a moment if you would to read a bit on this below as I firmly believe it could make an impact into each of your amazing lives.
.......................................................................................................................
Capital of Happiness- What is it exactly?
Well- it's the focus on GOOD NEWS in our world. It's about prompting individuals to share and extend the positive moments in their walks of life- however grand or slight they may be- with the rest of the universe. Imagine if by sharing your experience alone if you could have the power to generate a wave of wonderment, elation, glee, optimism, optimism, nostalgia- the list goes on- into others. Imagine the eruption of alacrity we could create with this sort of circulation?!?
How I fell upon C of H -well- It has been almost a year since I was sitting in my Cafe in Reykjavik eavesdropping on a Dutchman pitching his movement - Capital of Happiness- to the local newspaper. I was truly only half listening until he pulled out his pink poster and then I stopped dead in my tea- drinking state.
I had just snapped a photograph 4 hours earlier of the ever inspiring poster that was plastered on some object on the street and remembered thinking.... what a fantastic nudge of positivism. I remember from that moment how my thought process went from simply existing to a feeling of luster and glee. Sounds ridiculous perhaps but that moment changed my day completely and now is a fond memory!
I then contacted Esli- the man in the coffee house and found of C of H and thanked him for his efforts in Reykjavik and informed him they didn't go unnoticed. Fast forward 7 months later-Valentines Day-and Emma and I are spreading the C of H love with "I love you" posters and I am making more positive memories in not only my life but others as well.
Now- I would love to see this movement in Canada. I would love for others to experience the power of what can happen when we focus on the wonderful and marvelous things that life has to offer- no matter how small that may be.
Watch the videos. Be inspired. Share the moments of all the good in your world with the rest.

No comments: