Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Jumping Ship


I was told that I jump ship. I replied with- "it's better to jump ship than watch it sink".

I keep coming back to this quote and I ponder which is better- to jump ship or sink.

Now if I jump- I can avoid the pain of having to endure with sinking (now that I REALLY think of that- I don't even know if that's true). You have to deal with the pain of watching it sink. Seeing the loss and this is pretty damn shitty. When you feel the ship is going to sink... well... why not get off before you're taken with?... why put yourself in the position where you have to feel all that pain associated...
Just make sure that before you jump -the ship is indeed going to sink.....

Fast forward. Ships underwater. Ships can sometimes be restored. It's a rare occurance but its not impossible either. Like relationships are comparable to the sunken vessels- there are a lot of factors that come into play.

Stratification and contamination.

Stratification in technical terms are the formation of layers onto an object (sediment). Compare that to a fallen relationship- it's the residue you feel- the heart ache, the feelings of resentment, the anger, etc, etc. It all falls on this mess down below and builds. Slowly, ever so slowly, it settles.

Problem is- can this mess be cleaned up and is a ship that has sunk worth restoring??

And for the record- if I jump ship- it's not because there is a waiting ship near by- it's into the water and I'm waiting for someone to hand me a life jacket.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ships are generally safe in the Harbor. But that is not what ships are meant to do.

and, for the record, I would hand you my life jacket.

F8 said...

You have so many times already my friend and for that I thank you.