Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

Christmas was quite different this year. I had the kids in the morning which was fantastic but come noon- my world turned into a very lonely place.

SO I baked. And baked. And baked some more.

After about 15 lbs of baked good sat on my counter I packed it up, went down to 106th street right beside Chinatown and handed out cookies and muffins to the homeless.

I must say- all feelings of self loathing and loneliness disappeared when I saw the lineup to get into Hope Mission. It was circling around the building. It was awkward at first- I didn't know how to start... so I simply said--- care for a cookie? The look on their faces and the gratitude shown was heart wrenching. I gave bag fulls of cookies away. I was asked why I did this- I simply said- why not?

It was great to just escape my world for a while and realize that life just isn't that bad. I really have it great. I have a 3 amazing children, a roof over our heads, a warm bed and food on the table every night. Sure- sharing it with someone would ideal but who am I to complain when there are people out there who cannot even lay there head down for a moment to rest?

So with that- I will say Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your families, friends and loves ones. And more importantly- be thankful for what you have and take a moment to really enjoy just that.

No comments: