Friday, September 20, 2013

People Of Remedy

I sit here at my "office", people watching. It's almost time for the lunch rush and things are about to get a little unhinged. My brain is in overdrive and I cannot seem to focus on a single thing.  My attention span is that of a gnat. Yes, fleeing every which way.

Anyhow, I thought I would share the everyday people I encounter because I believe they all are very interesting people.

Bouncy Ball Guy:

He is a security officer somewhere in the downtown core. He comes to Remedy in the evening- often bringing his laptop. The kicker with him- He always has these small little bouncy balls he gives to women (I have 3 now). I am unsure of why. He goes out of his way to order them online and just goes up to women (JUST women) and asks "would you like a ball?" Yes, I have 3 of his balls and now that I say this Im really questioning his motive.

Mary

Mary is the barista on a sabbatical from Ireland (she is a teacher in Ireland- Her boyfriend is in construction and travels a lot). She is a vibrant blonde who always greats me with a smile. She knows EXACTLY how to make my drink. Between you and I, she is the heart of Remedy. You cannot help but smile when you are greeted by her.

Isaac

Isaac is my new friend who I meet up with at Remedy on a regular basis. He is one of the few positive people I encounter on a regular basis. Isaac has an understanding of women most men lack.
Isaac has a goal to meet and uplift people he comes into contact with on an everyday basis. His is genuine and shows a compassion for people I truly admire.

Zee

Zee is the owner.. He makes the best damn Chai Tea in the universe. Dead serious. Cannot even put into words how much of a fanatic I have become. I blame him for my over expenditures

Mouthwash Man

He is a homeless guy that will come in. I'm certain he is higher than a kite. I feel terrible for him actually. He also has the longest index finger I have ever seen. You may inquire as to how I noticed this but I would retort with "how could YOU NOT notice?!?!"
He often will stay here for about 10 minutes then will get shoed out.

Self Help Girl

This girls is going through the whole section in chapters every second day I swear!
Her current read is: "Changing for Good".
 
The Cook

Chef is awesome. I still don't know his name. He does all the food preparation. I say this and my mouth is watering thinking about the Palak Chana Masala. I think that's what its called? He's here most days and always makes a point of coming out and saying hello. And brings me a napkin because Im forever spilling my tea.

Daniel

He is evening staff. He has curly blonde hair that is always pulled back in a ponytail. He mocks me every time I come up for my drink. He is convinced I am going to turn green from all the pistachio that I have him put in my cup.

Nate
Nate is a graphic student who works casually. The only way to describe Nate is he is like a graffiti painting. He has a wildly creative side and when I speak with him he oozes potential.  He speaks his mind and conversation is usually all over the board.

Cranky Sara
Sara is a new barista. She is very eclectic. However, she lacks social merriment. I am beginning to think she is plotting the end of time. Perhaps its the late night crowd that's getting to her? Regardless, I try to make her smile. Isaac also puts in an honest effort. To no avail, nothing ever changes....sigh... oh Sara...Please smile. If only a little.

"Ohhhh, You're Pistachio Lady!

That would be me. I find a spot. Occupy spot. I edit. I listen to music. I read books. I drink copious amounts of chai. I tip everytime. They kinda love me here. Or so I think... mind you, if my stomach keeps disagreeing with the Chai I may be pondering if they are trying to rid of me....

No comments: