Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Finding Mr.Gym

So, I am searching of a new gym husband. A gym husband is my coaching partner and like a partner in life, good ones, no GREAT ones, are hard to find. I have had two in the past-one was my actual husband whom I am becoming unmarried to rather soon and the other I could not trust in the gym (we won't say anymore about that). Both were missing the "it" factor.

So, here is my list of what I deem necessary to fulfill the role of my new gym husband;

Mr. Gym will know gymnastics . I mean, know it. He will be an amazing technician. He will be OPEN to trying many new things. He will always be willing yo try and make it work for the gymnast- in the end, it is, after all, not our gymnastics but theirs. He will love the camera and work it like a stripper works her pole. He will be able to flip gymnasts like pancakes- ninja style. He will work with me, not against me (unless he really sees the need and in that case, there will be a fabulous reason which he will explain). He will share a love for the sport. A similar love I have. He will ADORE working with children. He will not be afraid of my strangeness but embrace it,encourage it. He will teach me as I will teach him. He will grab me a coffee in the morning as I will do the same for him. He will have my back and I will have his. He will play "good cop, bad cop" when it needs to happen. He will be okay playing either role. He will be funny. He will laugh at my ridiculous jokes. He will tell ridiculous jokes. He will agree with me on scoring during competitions because I am always right. This is not negotiable ;). When angry, he will talk to me about his issues. He will never belittle me in the gym as I would never do that to him. He will need to be understanding. I am a woman, I get emotional. When I need a cry,he will not hesitate to hug me. That being said, he will be a hugger. This is also not up for debate.
He will do youtube. He will make videos with me and not be afraid to be ridiculous in them. He will play in the gym. He will allow kids to be themselves. He will help the athletes reach their goals. He will help me "deal" with the parents.He will express his opinions openly without hesitation. He will,most importantly, love being my gym husband and not be afraid to get a giant drink after a rough day of practice with his gym wife.


Tough role to fill...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can NOT have Matt.

I am available to rent.