Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Somewhat of a relevation...Or just a mass of confusion.

Drama Drama Drama. Why is it that the human race has to create so much of it? I recently was thinking how brilliant it would be if there was just less of it. Relationships would flourish, optomism would increase and people in general would just be happier. Yes there are certain books on how to minimize ones dramatic ordeals and how to cope with certain situations - but who in gods names actually reads those? Not I that's for certain. Well, that is somewhat of a lie. I tried once to read "Men are from Mars... " I got to the second chapter and was so sick of the martian vrs. venetian crap I almost chucked. Men and woman are the same with the exception of a penis, some boobs and hormones. We think the same. We just have this preconcieved notion that we are different and thats what causes the drama. I say it is all reasoned insanity. We have all lost our minds completely and have accepted todays norms with open arms and in all sense are willing to accept anything that isn't the way of our culture.
Lets take for example eating out. He asks what she feels like. She says subway and he secretly prays for Macdonalds. Now does she really want subway or is that a attempt to follow the norms of society and jump on the band wagon of dieters just so she can say she is in the loop or.. does she really want to say to hell with it and scarf down that delicious bacon double cheeseburger and a supersize fry with a non-diet coke? Yes a Non Diet coke. Heck YES!
I can sadly say I am one of these women. Well, not so much on the burger. It is the fact that society is the one that creates the tension just so we can indeedly conform with the rest of them just because Jarred says so. Well, to hell with Jarred. To hell with it. I am sick and tired of being dragged along with sociological norms and I put my foot down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree...