Thursday, January 09, 2014

Sugar is Evil

I was watching a documentary last night from the 5th estate- A CBC production. It was called "the secrets of sugar"....

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/m/episodes/2013-2014/the-secrets-of-sugar

WOW- is all I can say. I am in process of purging (the impulsive side of me has kicked in and gone to the extreme). I am not really in shock about it. I looked at my salad dressing. Trashed. I looked at my salad- 3 g of sugar per serving... wtf... its salad.. I looked at the back.... ahhhh... the cabbage- gotcha. That can stay. It's truly amazing how sugar is added to EVERYTHING. I mean... Everything. It actually disgusts me- they compared the average amount of sugar you ingest in an entire year. Go have a peak- see how fast you start to think of flushing all refined and processed sugar out of your diet. The addictive qualities in sugar are apparent- hence why we always crave that chocolate bar or ice cream...

Go forth and watch. Be informed and then trash that ice cream bucket and replace with a carrot. Or something.

No comments: