Monday, January 13, 2014

Butter Castles and Giant Overgrown Buns



I had the pleasure of eating here yesterday. My new friend Clarke suggested it (great idea BTW!)

I had heard of it before but just never got around to actually going. It has been featured on the Food Network and the Lonely Planet Website- again- never saw either so I was getting the full frontal experience.

This fabulous find is situated just off of 109th after you cross the high level bridge (hence the name;). It boasts the best cinnamon buns and brunch. Parking is tight but it's to be expected when you consider where the place is situated. And, its busy! Really busy! There was a line up to the door when I showed up (it was a Sunday but I was informed that its always like this). It's not overly big but quaint. There is local art on the walls that you can purchase. The overall feel is- well- my grandma would have taken me to this place (she totally would love it here).

Well- I cannot say I indulged in a cinnamon bun(although I should have considering I have not stopped thinking of it since yesterday) but man- their omelettes- to die for!
I was especially impressed because not only did they make me a egg white but they also have a Glutten free Menu (for those dieters who have jumped on that particular bandwagon) AND they also serve breakfast ALL DAY LONG! What sent me over the top is the fact that they make their best efforts to  purchase locally grown and manufactured products for their restaurant which supports other mom and pop businesses in the area.

Anyhow- I must make a note- the staff was kick ass- never once did my coffee get below the 1/2 way point (not that it would have made a difference because I really don't mind my coffee room temp) and they were super friendly (I got a smile and giggle when I asked for 5 more butter packages to build my castle).

I have to say- my next visit- I will definitely be indulging in a C-Bun. Only thing- It will have to be shared. ;) 









Nom, Nom, Nom....

No comments: