Sunday, December 23, 2012

What do you want????


The holiday season is approaching quickly. As you walk through the mall you notice Santas work shop is well underway. You see the wreathes hanging from the street lamps, the lights sparkling from the houses, the christmas melodies coming through on the car radio. Yes, that day known as Christmas is almost upon us.

That being said, there is is often a strong focus on "getting".I am making my holiday season about giving. My kids are safe and healthy. I have everything I could possibly need from a consumers prospective. I have a roof over my head, a warm bed and children that are happy and healthy. Not everyone has this same opportunity. All I need to do is walk down the main streets of downtown and I am reminded of this. There are many people out there who simply cannot afford even a meal on Christmas Day. This weighs heavy on my mind and heart. Every person should be able to experience a twinkle of holiday joy. This is why I am choosing to volunteer some of my time this holiday season. However small my impact may be, its something.


No comments: