Sunday, December 30, 2012

Delayed Chaos

So, it's absolute chaos in the Trudeau airport. A flight of 76 people was cancelled and everyone is acting like their knickers are in knots.

The flight reps are scratching their headsets confusion. People are bantering on their cell phones with loved ones. One kid is slamming his carry on against the wall with pure delight while mom is SCREAMING to stop, there is an Asian lady in fur is frantically texting on her phone- she fascinates me as I think her phone might start smoking with how fast her fingers are moving. Two women are plotting on how to get a refund- one is more determined than the other "no, this is absolutely ridiculous- do they not realize I need to be in Washington before....." She goes on and on....
I watch turbo texter now try to cut the line. She trips over a bag. At first I think she fainted. She quickly recovers and she is steaming. She turns to the owner of the bag and states " I just tripped over your bag". The other lady, also Asian, looks and says "I see that".Tension is rising. There is about to be a full blown cat fight.

Then a announcement comes on:

"Attention all delta passengers: there is a hotel shuttle in the way to transport you for the night so you can be redirected in the morning. Please bare with us while we make arrangements for all of you"...

I believe the term for this type of behaviour as the chaos continues is

"Cluster fuck"

I am going upstairs for a drink. My flight has been delayed for 2 hours. I might as well watch football or something.*shrugs*

No comments: