Sunday, December 02, 2012

Wake Up Little Cookie Monster

I had the inclining to bake today. Cookies. Copious amounts of cookies. In on my 3rd species- oatmeal chocolate chip. One problem. It's 12:34 (!!!make a wish!!!) and I think in getting a little tired. I know I'm getting tired.

I went to double the recipe and I may have added 2 x the amount of flour in an already doubled mixture. Soooo, I just made more wet ingredients and threw it in. Now, you can imagine my bowl- totally not big enough. I used a giant pot (my giant mixing bowl has escaped somewhere) and got my hands dirty (cookie dough up to my elbows!!!).

Anyhow, I'm on my 5th batch in the oven. I have some advice this far into my adventure.


#1: Cookie dough must be pressed down. Don't be afraid, flatten it! Balls don't taste as good (seriously, SERIOUSLY, you went there!?)
#2: Always take it out at least 2 min than the recommended amount of baking time. one word-CHEWY!
#3: Always add more chocolate chips than needed. Always.
#4: Set a timer. Especially if you wish to participate in number 5.
#5: Find things to do for entertainment within 8 minutes... Journal, blog, eavesdrop, contemplate exercise (at this juncture me being in a vertical position is a miracle), etc.
#6: Find new ways to add to cookie. I started putting sugar on top. I am seriously pondering getting out a wok and trying to deep dry the shot out of a few...
#7: next time I'm up this late making cookies, remind me that I am not Martha Stewart, tell me to throw on a dress and walk down to the nearest karaoke bar and sing "crazy" by Patsy Klein" ...no,really.

Anyhow, I'm going to have a huge amount of cookies on my hands so I will be going to take 90% to the food bank. Maybe 80%, kids at the gym can have a treat.

No comments: