Thursday, November 18, 2004

CHILL OUT!

I love ranting about nothing. In a sense it sort of keeps me grounded. Takes me back to my roots sometimes and even has me realize things about myself. I suppose thats why women vent and rant quite a bit. Not only is it a specified stress relief, but also a way of informing others of our feelings as well. Have you ever watched a woman vent? It is quite humorous. We tend to flail our arms, make ghastly facial expressions and overcome ourselves with irrational thoughts and feelings.. and apparantly we can keep in control when doing all of this. I find that last little factor hard to believe because I know that if I get doublely pissed off then I tend to go fruit loop and will do sometimes anything to set things right. But of course, that's just me trying to prove that I am never wrong... which in a sense I know is a fabricated lie only to myself. Why is it women always have to be correct? I used to be really bad for this until only recently I found that I am not always right (it's called self-discovery - you should try it sometime). Maybe it's the apologizing factor behind it all. Women frankly hate to be the first to apologize. We love to say we are sorry and maybe (yes, maybe) we overreacted a tad only after the male says it first - and of course he has to get down on his hands and knees and beg for forgiveness before we would even consider. I admire the patients men have with us at times. My boyfriend pointed out the other night that if a man ever hung up on a women or ever proclaimed that "we" are fighting then all hell would break loose, but once a women does this, men take it in strides and deal with the matter at hand. It is virtually inconcievable for a women to notice this factor. I, like every other, am guilty of this but I have also listened to the opposite sex and realized that we need to chill sometimes and realize that life is not so overdramatic.... We as women need to adopt a similar wrap of how we deal. Thats all I have to say.

No comments: