Friday, January 09, 2015

Lets All Take a Moment

Too often we are busy in the bustle. Caught up in our own problems.

We dont look around us and see others struggle too. They have it just as hard. Some have it even harder.

On my new journey of sharing and loving on others I came across a couple with a baby at my local coffee house.

They ordered their coffee. The child was upset. Crying. Mom was stressed and dads shoulders where hung in defeat. They were simply exhausted.

The house was full except a little corner by the window with two bar stools.

I couldn't very well keep sitting at my booth with 3 empty seats in front of me (much to the gentleman's dismay sitting next to me as he made an extra effort to move all his shit just so I could spread out in my work space).

So I approached the defeated couple and said "please, take my spot- you clearly need it more than I".... they began to say "Nei....".. I stopped them, pointed at the little boy who's fallen tears had since stopped out of curiosity and said "he told me he specifically wanted to sit there".

The mother smiled and proceeded and the dad thanked me 3 times.


Today- I managed to make a families life a little less hectic.

No comments: