Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A New Bucket to Go With a List

I am still compiling my bucket list... but...

This year... the bucket list will still have its usual milestone but in addition to that I want to accomplish something a little more personal. This section of the bucket list is about experiencing each day with thoughtful and selfless acts. Acts that impact the lives of others. Acts that will make tiny waves in our somewhat rugged path on which we are on called "life" that perhaps cause a positive rippling effect making waves.

For example:

I want to show Emma that in life you must be compassionate. To be giving and sincere and to share happiness with others. My hope is that if she can have more of an understanding of this she will then go forth and mirror this learned behavior to others.
I want to show my children that saying your sorry is followed by a responsibility to act on these words to ensure any wrongdoing is avoided in the future.
I wish to show more kindness and generosity with the people whom I interact with.
I want them to feel the need to do this as well- thus- paying it forward.
I want to show the world what it looks like from my eyes.
And most of all- I want nothing more than a full heart.

No comments: