Monday, October 13, 2014

Gone... but never Forgotten

Jeff.

I never knew you. Never met you. I know a little about you though. You were a fantastic writer. You made two beautiful children. You have a gorgeous wife. A family who loves you and a brother who misses you something fierce. You left this earth far too soon. The people who knew and loved you wish for only a split second more. But... your time was up. Your expiration stamp was due and it was far too soon then anyone ever expected.

I often think you Jeff when Im reflecting on life and the direction it's taking. I think of your children who will remember you and turn to their family for more memories as their own become slightly cloudy. I then hope and pray that I've made memories to last a lifetime with my own children and I hope that my family and friends would do the same for me if I were in your wings. I then stop myself because I become terribly teary eyed as I think...time... it's never enough.

I then become reflective on my path in life.... in 10 years from now will I be happy being in the place I am now? In a year from now? In 4 hours from now. The answer is.... one can never know as one is forever evolving. BUT... I have a strong hunch it will be even better.

Jeff- thank you for motivating me to chose to live my moments with zest and fire. To love fiercely and to the fullest capacity. When I say I will do something- I mean it. When I want something I go after it. People always ask ' what's the hurry- there's time'.... I then whisper to myself...'perhaps not' as I recall your story. 

Thank you Jeff for teaching me to see the value in life and allowing me to not take advantage of the time I have. Thank you for opening my eyes to my OWN world and letting me see just how amazing it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure why I re-read this. But thank you.
He would have made you laugh really, really hard.