Monday, October 06, 2014

Cleaning Out the Emotional Rubbish

 I was once told that I was dragging quite a large suitcase full of.... emotional baggage. He said that I don't cut the strings of communication to people who no longer hold value in my life or care for me in the way they should. You know- this person was right. 

A close friend just ended a relationship because her significant other couldn't move on from his past and now she is deeply hurt and trying to move on. She felt second best. Inferior. Second-Rate. 



That got me thinking... who is still at the back of the burner... lingering. Sending random facebook messages or texts? People who I shut the door on but still allow to knock? 

 I never want to be in the position where I would hurt someone because I couldn't "let go" of the past. So- I took action and cleaned house. Got rid of all the baggage that lay on my doorstep.  

Good god what a liberating feeling.


No comments: