Monday, March 21, 2005

Running from Smelly Runners

I was in Lethbridge over the weekend for the Moonlight run. I didn’t run. I held the door for about 1500 people. I found it quite funny out of all those people- I counted- I got 12 thank you’s! Only 12. People these days lack manners. Anyways, I am glad I didn’t run. 2 reasons. The damn hill was over 1.5 km long and you had to run down and up. I would have either skidded my lip going down or tried to piggy back all of the runners on the way up. And the other reason was because I wouldn’t have been able to move at all the next day. I did however get some shopping done. I also got to jot down some potential apartments as well seeing as I am 8 chances out of 10 going to be living there next year ( I am still not 100% though- so no taking my word yet!). Anyways, it was a interesting weekend to say the least. The best part I think was seeing the small group under the "Unemployment Building" sharing a bottle of cheap beer. A pet peeve I have of the city is that not one intersection seems to have light sensors so you are sitting at the set of lights at 1 in the AM waiting for it to change. You can't run through because right in front of you sits a police station. That was fun. It's a alright city I guess. I think I may be displaying some prejudice because it's not Medicine Hat aka Home. It does have a fun mall though and a cosco - so I was stoked about that (Im such a consumer in that aspect). Anyways, I am heading down there again at the beginning of April so maybe this time I will be able to check out the Campus.

1 comment:

John said...

hey, i replied :)