Monday, August 26, 2013

The outside World

 
There is something to be learned from today.

I had a weekend from hell (coles notes- I lost my marbles, Alexander had a relapse with his bowels again, and I made a very poor choice that caused me to really rethink some of my decisions as of late) and yesterday I needed a day of deflation. I needed to regroup, gather my thoughts and through what energy I had into something positive. So, I went to my new favorite coffee shop and started editing photos.

I must have been wearing my heart on my sleeve.

A complete stranger (a very cute one) came up to me and thought perhaps I was troubled.
He asked me.... "are you ok?"

I was taken back and startebd to smile immediately. I wasn't OK but I faked it.

I responded with "Im ok, Thank you".

After he left I asked myself what his motive was.

Then I thought. Perhaps there was none? And then I asked myself- when was the last time I really set aside myself from me and my world and cared to just watch and see what was going around me.

Sadly- its been too long. I think the world as a whole has this problem. We are so engrossed in our own lives that we haven't a clue what is going on around us. We have become oblivious creatures of habit- consumed by our "lives" that we forget to realize that we are indeed sharing a world. I think perhaps I should make a better effort to share....

I am serious when I say I wish to make a serious effort to step out of my box and really LOOK at the world around me. I all of the sudden feel like I'm missing out on something this gentleman is experiencing and feel a desire to experience more.

That, I can say, was officially the best part of my day. So thank you young man, for the realization and the impact you made.

No comments: